Our new documentation site is alive!
You can view our latest documents here.
- Select the Ethernet Interfaces to protect. To do that, click on an interface and use the right/left arrow buttons to move it to protected/unprotected interfaces combo box.
Sensei supports up to 1000 concurrent users on an everyday PC. You can set your Sensei installation's capacity here.
You can get detailed info about suggested hardware on Getting Started > Hardware Requirements.
- Set your TCP Service password. This password protects the command line based CLI access to the packet engine. It is highly recommended to set this with a secure one.
Cloud Threat Intelligence
The Cloud Threat Intelligence data is queried real time when a connection attempt is made through your network. It helps us to respond to malware and wireless outbreaks in real time and very fast.
The engine processes the request, queries to "SVN Cloud" in real-time and decides whether it will be blocked or allowed. We check against 140+ Million Websites, under 120+ categories in milliseconds.
Cloud Threat Intel settings lets you;
- Enable/Disable the cloud reputation and web categorization
- Set local domain settings to be excluded from cloud queries
Updates & Support
- Self Health Check: If enabled "Self Health Check" monitors the system's memory, CPU, disk usage and core services if they're working correctly, and raises alerts (still in development) if anything goes wrong. The Check also stops the relevant services if they're consuming excessive system resources.
- Check for Updates Automatically: Checks automatically for the updates and creates a notification on the status page.
- Update Databases and Threat Intelligence Data Automatically: Checks automatically for the updates and creates a notification on the status page.
- Enable Generation of Support Data: If enabled, Sensei collects supporting data during unusual events and crashes. You can share this data while opening a ticket to us.
Reporting & Data
Reports Data Retiring
As of 0.7.0 (changelog), Sensei retires reports data to open up space for the new ones. After a configured timespan, existing reports data is automatically purged to save space for fresh data.
Sensei sends Daily Executive Summary emails every day when enabled. To enable this, you need to set your email server connection settings.
On the "About" screen, you can get overall info about your license, Sensei versions, connections to vital links to our support portal, as well as the user's manual.
Uninstall / Reset to Factory Defaults
To uninstall Sensei packet engine, it must be stopped first. You can either reset Sensei to its factory defaults or uninstall it.