0.8.0 - June 18, 2019
- IPv6 Support
As promised - now Sensei has IPv6 support.
- Virtio interface support
There were many requests that we make Sensei run on virtual interfaces like QEMU/KVM/Proxmox virtio. Sensei 0.8 combined with OPNsense 19.1.x new netmap enabled kernel, you can now run on virtio interfaces This is also a big enabler to run OPNsense and Sensei on most of the major Cloud and VPS operators. More info on that: https://forum.opnsense.org/index.php?topic=11477.0
- Wireless interfaces support
Starting with OPNsense 19.1 and Sensei 0.8, you can now run Sensei on wireless interfaces.
- VLAN interfaces support
Starting with OPNsense 19.1 and Sensei 0.8, you can now run Sensei on VLAN interfaces.
- Better Cloud & Update Servers Availability
- Users can now ignore the Hardware compatibility warning and install Sensei even if the HW resources are below what is advisable.
- You'll now get reported via an informative message in the UI if Sensei health check automatically stops Sensei service due to a HW resource shortage. Up until now, Sensei was doing this quite silently ;)
- Number of Elasticsearch dependencies decreased by 1/3: faster installs & updates
- Better Reporting
- IPv6 reporting
- Ability to resolve local IP addresses to MDNS supplied hostnames
- Source Hostname is now the default instead of IP address in Session Reports (IP is still available via a tooltip
- Ability to specify start and end times for Session Explorer Reports
- Ability to refresh Session Explorer Reports without having to close/re-open the report
- Mobile devices UI improvements
0.7.0 - December 26, 2018
- 350+ new applications identified.
- Google applications browsed via Chrome are now being identified (QUIC over UDP protocol support).
- Mobile browser compatibility: you can view reports from your mobile browser
- Reports enhancement: Data retirement option introduced. With this option you can define how long to keep your reports (days)
- Reports enhancement: Option to erase all reporting data
- Reports enhancement: Drill-down in Security reports is now available
- Reports enhancement: Daily executive reports. Selected reports delivered via a daily e-mail.
- You can easily add block/allow rules within Session Explorer based on Application and Application Category or SNI / hostname
- User's Manual in English.
- More deployment options for Home and Large scale users
- Changelog between updates
- Fixed Rebellion Theme compatibility issues.
- Better Cloud Nodes availability
- Better & smoother updates
- We speak your language now, we added i18n support to match your OPNsense UI language. English and German are there for now, more coming soon.
- Removed some large dependencies in preparation for embedded devices & PIE (Position Independent Executable) support.More performance & stability improvements.